Wednesday 9 April 2014

Blast from the Past

While looking for a picture of red tulips for this post (I have a story to tell!), I came across this adorable photo. This was simply too cute not to share. Anyway, my blast from the past story is when my husband and I moved into our home, the first thing I did was plant some red tulip bulbs. I love watching things grow, especially those spring flowers that, no matter how harsh the winter, persevere, pushing through the ground to give us great beauty in the spring. While on my hands and knees planting, I heard a sound from across the road. I looked up and standing there watching me was a deer. I was thrilled...until that deer (well maybe not that particular deer), come spring, ate up ALL my tulips just when they were ready to bloom! Little did I know deer love tulips. But I learned my lesson...they hate daffodils so I was quick to plop those into the ground and enjoy them to this day!!

Before going into our second blast from the past sketch, I wanted to announce our winner and top 3 from last week.

The Grand Prize winner of 7 free digi images from Bugaboo Stamps is:

#8 - Heather M

Congratulations! Now go and grab your winner's badge from our sidebar and display it proudly on your blog. Please send an email to Sally at sallydubessw@gmail.com for instructions on claiming your prize.

And our top 3 in no particular order are:

#14  Asmah

 #16  Lesley

 #23  Renate

A big HOORAY goes out to you three as well!! You can pick up your "Top Three" badge along the sidebar to show off on your blog.

Another fun and fabulous sketch for you to try out this week. We all loved it so much the first time, we decided to bring it back for another go around!

Our sponsor this week is someone near and dear to my heart, Heather from Fresh Brewed Designs. She is offering our grand prize winner 3 free digis of their choice! Here's a little bit about Heather, in her own words...

Hello, I am Heather Dennis, the owner and artist at Fresh Brewed Designs.
I love and do all I can to put God first in my life. I am so blessed beyond all I deserve.
I have an amazing husband who supports and loves me more than anything. 
We lead praise and worship together in church. I love hearing him sing.
I home school two of the best kids in the world. They are my heart.
I can't even describe how much they mean to me. 
I LOVE all things crafty. I have been crafting and creating since as early as I can remember.

Here is a little about our shop:
Fresh Brewed Designs is a small online company that has been 
offering a wide variety of digital 
and rubber stamps since November 2010, 
designed to meet the 
needs of paper crafting addicts 
everywhere. With over 30 categories to choose from and 
new additions each month, our range of products is expanding all of the time.  

We also have BIG NEWS for 2014!  

Every month this year we will be giving away 
BLOG CANDY! 
We would love for you to visit our blog and facebook pagewhere fresh ideas are always percolating. 

Now it's time to share what the Design Team has created!




On a sad note, we must say a fond farewell to Design Team member Holly. Life has gotten very busy and she needed to step down. You will be missed Holly!! Be sure and stop by from time to time to say "hello."
Now let's get stamping!! We can't wait to see what you create. Our challenge rules are listed under a tab at the top of the page. Don't forget to follow us here and like us on Facebook. 
Linda and 



16 comments:

  1. What a WONDERFUL way to start my morning. I smiled and giggled as I read the sweet little story about the tulips... then I sat in awe as I looked at each and every one of the DT member cards. Just gorgeous!
    It is always an honor and pleasure to sponsor SSW (one of my first DT member experiences .. and where I met some amazing friends!)
    Hugs to you all!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Sally, such a cute story. Sorry to see Holly go, we will miss you!
    Thank you to Heather for being our sponsor this week. Love seeing everyones cards. Congrats to the winner and top 3 from last week. Be by soon to see everyones posts.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  3. what lovely inspiration from everyone!!! Loving them all-hope to get the chance to play along!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the prize! I love tulips and have been in the very same boat! The deer almost always eat all of my tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for having me in Top 3 and congrats to all winners. That's a lovely tulip story, wish I could plant tulips but my climate is not suitable.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful inspiration from DT. Thank you.
    Hugs from Africa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the DT inspiration this week, such a versatile sketch to play along with!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always it was fun to play along and see what others created.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great DT cards for our inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful DT creations! Thanks for the inspiration and another great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I almost always start my cards with a sketch. Thanks so much for providing so many fun sketches to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just LOVE the tulip story - thanks so much Linda for jumping in and hosting this week. Sorry to see Holly leave us, she will be missed!! Thanks to Heather of Fresh Brewed Designs for being our Sponsor!! Congrats to last week's Winner and top Three!! Wonderful entries so far this week - still time to join in...
    Blessings to all!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  13. Better late than never from me, thanks for such an interesting sketch, really had to think as I was a bit mojo and time poor this week lol!
    Lovely DT work as always
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for another great sketch. I've created a summery card - perhaps I'm longing for warmer weather as winter sets in!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. “We have successfully opened new space in our international markets, ray ban wayfarers online with further planned for the second half of the year in line with our strategy to focus on expansion opportunities that are appropriate for our brand. ray ban sunglasses australia Whilst our results for the full year will be dependent on the more weighted second half, we continue to look forward ray ban sunglasses online with confidence as we further develop Ted Baker as a leading global lifestyle brand.”

    ReplyDelete